Details and Policies
Do you want to help create an amazing blues community event? Are you able to offer your time and skills to the event? Are you strapped for cash but still want to attend?
If any of these are true, then volunteering is for you!
How does it work?
Volunteering in 3 Easy Steps:
- First, register and buy your ticket.
- Fill out the application (see the link below).
- You will get reimbursed after the weekend. *
The earlier you apply to volunteer and register, the greater chance you will get a slot. Slots will fill up, so please apply early!
There are 2 levels you can volunteer at:
- $85 OFF
- $159 OFF
This year we will have different roles compensated different amounts. Why do we do this? Different jobs require different amounts of effort and time. Therefore, we want to make sure that everyone is fairly compensated for the wonderful contribution they bring to Mile High Blues.
|Standard Roles||Star Roles|
|$85 off will work 5 hours
$159 off will work 8 hours
|$85 off will work 4 hours
$159 off will work 6 hours
|These roles include:
||These roles include:
If there are not enough slots to fill up your hours within one column (for example, all regular roles), then you will be compensated accordingly.
* We want our event to be accessible to everyone and we recognize that some people are not able to afford the money upfront. If pre-purchasing your ticket and getting reimbursed later is a hardship for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org right now and we will work with you.
How do I apply?
We’re glad you asked!
Buy your ticket. If you are unable to afford the ticket amount, please email email@example.com right now (see explanation above)*
Fill out the volunteer application
How do I know if I am a volunteer?
If you apply BEFORE February 17th
- You will receive an answer by Feb. 17th
If you apply AFTER February 17th
- You will receive an answer within 2 weeks
If you are ACCEPTED as a volunteer:
- You will be sent an email with the sign up schedule and instructions. Sign up for your slots within 2 weeks of receiving the acceptance email OR by May 1st (whichever comes sooner).
- If there no slots that you are able to make in the sign up schedule, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP that you are not able to volunteer.
Volunteer Policies & Expectations:
- Once accepted, we will send you instructions and the website to sign up for volunteer slots.
- If all volunteer positions are full at the time of your application, but we would love to have you volunteer, you will be put on our “First To Be Notified” list. We will let you know if you have been put on this list. If people drop out, we will send out an email to this list that a spot has opened up and you may sign up for slots.
- We want to ensure everyone is included and able to contribute. Please advise us of anything that might affect your ability to perform certain duties in the comments section of the volunteer application.
- Discount/Reimbursement Policy: This discount will apply to all passes, including All-Access, Workshop Only Pass, and Dance Only Pass. It does NOT apply to add-ons including merchandise or competitions. You will NOT be reimbursed more than your ticket price if your ticket cost less than $85 or $159 but you apply for that volunteer level.
- Late and No-Show Policy:
- If you are confirmed for a volunteer slot we expect you to be there. If you are unable to make the event, please email us at email@example.com by June 1st, 2017. If you do not let us know and do not show up, you will not be allowed to volunteer at future Mile High Blues events.
- You help this event run! If you do not show up for a volunteer slot, we will expect you to make up that time by checking in with the Manager or Registration Lead on duty to find a time you could make up your missed time. If there is not an opportunity to make up your missed shift, you will be expected to pay for the time you missed during your volunteer shift.
- You are expected to contact your Manager if you are going to be late. Call as early as you can to give your Manager time to plan around your absence.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late to an assigned shift, you will be considered a no show for that hour and we will expect you to make that time up. If you cannot make up the hour, you will be reimbursed for the number of whole hours you work at a prorated amount. You will not be considered late or a no show for any subsequent hours if you show up and complete them. For example, if your shift is from 3:00PM-7:00PM and you arrive at 3:18PM, you will be marked as present from 4:00PM-7:00PM and be expected to make up one hour. Please arrive early for your shift. Mile High Blues is not as great without you there!